Chintans Musings

Friday, December 07, 2007

Sometimes

Sometimes, even the workaholic Grad School pauses to catch a breath.

Sometimes, Kgp comes back to haunt you.

Haunting is not always scary.

I want to be haunted by the cool summer breeze from B-Top-East.

Sometimes, I want to stop and smell the roses.

Most of the times, they pull me back and I feel that I'm ploughing for the new gardens to come.

The quest for utopia is unending.

"The day I get into IIT, I'll be happy"
"The day I get a foreign internship, I'll be happy"
"The day I get a good app, I'll be happy"
"The day I have a paper at ISSCC, I'll be happy"

Happiness is here to stay.

Sometimes, I don't know what I'm looking for.

Most of the times, I work hard to keep those sometimes at bay.

Haunting can be scary.

Sometimes, it takes diffused yellow lampshades, stirring music, a Blogger window and 1 AM on the clock to feel like oneself back again.

I know that my rose is here to stay.

Sometimes, one rose can make a bouquet.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely blog...I really liked the quest for happiness bit. The lamplight through the mist is one of my favourite night time scenes of kgp.

Erina

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice post.

some point of time you realize what will give you happiness, and then that is your utopia. you don't need happiness any further. that rose is to stay forever.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Gargi Shah said...

brilliant post. Especially the last line.

6:15 PM  
Blogger sandeep said...

my friends here kept getting frust with me that my every post some way or the other started talking about Kgp, seems like you've caught the same bug ![:)]

nice post...specially loved the Schols Ave walaa post neeche

9:18 PM  
Blogger abhi's shakers said...

Haunting.....thats all it takes to relive the past!! :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

:-)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Sometimes, I don't know what I'm looking for.

Most of the times, I work hard to keep those sometimes at bay."
This line line will soon find its way to something like quotations.com, evident from the number of people who have kept it as their gtalk status message ;)

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes i fear i didnt have enough food.
Most of the times, I work hard to keep those sometimes at bay.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Schrodinger said...

Nice blog Chintan! Its nice to hear you speak about cool breeze and roses as opposed to 141 and 142 for a change!

You can be a good writer, you just need to stop thinking about ISSCC!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger abhivyakti said...

Beautiful post..
Take care.

11:24 AM  
Blogger PL said...

so true...and superb lines to complement the idea

11:57 AM  
Blogger Anish said...

Bhaaaaiiii ....
Bole to Thomas Jefferson bola na 100 take ki baat ...
Its the pursuit of happyness that we must be allowed to cherish.
Its these 'Sometimes' that will keep you going.

Apun bhi kuch likha hai bahut dino baad. .. dekh lena .. :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Morpheus said...

Good post! I agree with you, I had similar thoughts some time ago
http://m0rph3us.blogspot.com/2005/10/noticing-greed.html
http://m0rph3us.blogspot.com/2006/01/greedy-again.html

And I thought I was the only greedy one :)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home