Chintans Musings

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Smile on the Face

How hard is it to put a smile on that face?
To sneak past the weariness
To unload the heaviness that drags back
To wipe out the slate and start afresh?

A shake of the berry glasses,
Shaken but not stirred
A sweet tooth and a sweet tongue,
Sweeter than the voices heard
On the other side of the ring

A clock that spins fast,
A snooze that comes good at last
Stretching and pondering in the warmths
Shirking off is believing.

Desserts of passion that I wait to feast
Imagining the clinks of the forks
The tresses that waved back
Now set with the sun on the eastern sky

Equations of desire
Or inequalities of the minds?
The thought deepens as the thread goes blank
Until it throbs for the smile of the years gone past

How easy was it to put a smile on that face?
How easy was it to fall from grace?
I saw it sinking, but still reconcile
What if the water was shallower?

Funny how easy it is to put a smile on that face
Steal those moments from the quarry of the reminiscent
Sniggers and giggles that still laugh with me
Etch those lines out on the sides of my eyes
Dig deep until they draw out the pearls
Pearls of wisdom I have for me
Their shine no one can take away from me.

Streaks of vanity pep it up
As I become Alexander of the Autobahn
When the smile dawns upon me
I become united with one.
I am the one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home