Chintans Musings

Monday, February 14, 2011

Pull me close, my dear

This stillness has become music to my ears
Notes that only I claim to hear.
Should I be enticed by my solitude again
Please pull me close, my dear.

My world exists in the spoken delirium
And silence quivers like leaves in the fall.
Should I fail to read the farthest corners of your mind,
I pray your eyes do beckon the call.

The wanderer within grows restless
And eggs on the feet to shuffle.
Should I try to disentangle myself from you
Remind me that I promised to hold you forever.

I see a train, and I want to get on
To race away into the rising sun.
Should getting there first be my only charm
Enlighten me that its you who is to be won.

The fleeting moments that are music to your ears
Should I brush aside as being out of line,
You be the pianist, the violinist and the strummer
And win me over with the symphony
that is your beautiful mind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautifully crafted thoughts. This is what just came to my mind as I finished reading:

And if somewhere in a mirror I catch a glimpse of you,
and if a conversation between us was to ensue,
Know that my thoughts will not dictate, they shall let you loose,
In gratitude of your allegiance, the "reflection" I will let you choose.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Chintan said...

@Anonymous: Thanks for appending.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home